Sunday, April 12, 2015

An old craft about to become the next big thing.

I am not the only one who has fallen for papercrafts and from the looks of it, it has been around for a long long time and is making a come back or should I say gaining new fans. I believe that its from the advancement of 3d printing. The influence this movement has and will be seen in many different media fields.

I thought it would be useful for me to share my findings on the `branch`of papercrafts that I am mostly smitten with, mainly the 3d low polygon papercraft sculptures or objects.

Our own shop is www.sofsdesigns.com

On Etsy there are some big shops that seem to have been going at it for a little while already:

Check it out :  (in random order)

Paperwolfs shop

Paperwolfs etsy shop






Wintercroft etsy shop



Assembli etsy shop



PazzleCraft etsy shop

  

Most likely some shops I haven`t discovered yet.

Also there are many other shops that do beautiful work as well although I would put them more into to paper toys categories. See for example 

Pukaca shop 

Pukaca etsy shop


Katokami shop
Katokami etsy shop


There are also some shops that offer a mix of toys, crafts and gift boxes made out of fun paper models. Here is a shop such as this:


Claudine Hellmuth  shop 

Claudine Hellmuth etsy shop


I described in a previous post how I discovered paper toys when I purchased the Papertoy Monster book.  Therefore, apart form the Etsy world, there are a huge community of paper toys enthusiasts out there. You just have to google 'paper toy' to realize it.

Finally, something also interesting that pop up in my research is this shop who gain momentum with crowd funding. I predict this is also the beginning of a new trend to watch for on crowd funding sites:
Papertophy indiegogo project

Papertrophy indiegogo project


Well have fun discovering the world of Papercrafts! and to check out my stuff....Sofsdesigns .

Bisous my friends, Sofs

No comments: