Thursday, January 30, 2014

Blue HOWE Vintage sewing machine #(who's counting anyway!)

Oups! I did it again...(I may have said that last time too)

Ok so I fell in love (again)...and until I have pictures of my own, I will show you my new acquisition with this eBay picture taken by the seller.




As I got curious about what I first thought said HOME sewing machine, I started to do a bit of research and found out that its doesn't say HOME but HOWE. Also, it turns out that it's named after a very famous (some think infamous) gentlemen of the name Elias Jr. Howe. Mr Howe is not just any gentlemen, some say he's the inventor of the sewing machine the way we know them now and that Mr Singer actually stole the sewing machine design from Mr Howe. I had no idea! This makes my new machine even more extra special.

 If you'd like to know more about this incredible bit of sewing history, you can find the story here  told by an expert.

No comments: