Sunday, May 4, 2014

DIY personal pouches with home printer!

You need: Home printer, either spray glue and thick paper (or cardboard paper) and scissors. You will need to glue your white fabric on your 8.5 by 11 paper and make sure it has no loose ends as to not break your printer or jam it. Just insert it as you would your paper and print! After just peel off the paper backing. NOTE: my printer uses water base ink and therefore your design is not washable or even waterproof. I have read many blogs saying how you can use soda ash or vinegar to make the ink waterproof but I have tried them all and so far no luck!

Because I loved the idea and wanted to make all sorts of things ( as you can see below), I  found that technique to be a bit of a long process so I bought an actual roll of transfer fabric. I bought it at Dharma Trading Co. and I can only say amazing things about these guys. You will love their website and their honest approach to all things which includes good prices. What I bought was this ink jet fabric roll. I love it and the colors are amazing. Again here however with water base ink it is waterproof but not washable. A bit of a bummer for me as I was hoping to do custom t-shirts. I have to figure it out but I think short of changing printer and buying one that uses a different kind of ink, I am out of luck.

I love these little pouches...They make perfect gift and are a great way to showcase your drawings and/or illustrations. Hope you enjoyed..careful its very addictive!
Bisous, Sofs
                              Front:
                              Back:
                             Front:
                             Back:
                            Front:
                           Back:

No comments: