Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Reusable handmade ziploc bags!

You may have noticed that I rarely use terms like green, organic, natural, ect...It is not because I don't subscribe to a healthy planet and healthy living however it is more because I find these terms to be overused (abused even) when really it is all common sense...Of course we should all compost and recycle reduce and reuse...and of course, we should try and buy locally...This said, I find that if you start to use these terms as a selling point or promotion point (like many big corporations do) you better watch all aspect of life as to not become all words and no action...

ANYWAY, lately I found myself caught in a bit of a complacent mode when it came to ziploc bags...hen hen I am gulity...I convinced myself that nothing could replace them because they are so useful and that it was ok for me to use them...

Well the other day I went to my daughters school as I am part of the green comity and we had to go around and check kids lunch bags to see if we could talk about using green alternatives...I went home refreshed and inspired...I made some 'ziploc' bags that we could all use...

I love them and plan to make some in all sorts of colors but first...I will test them out, wash them in washing machine, in the dishwaser...see how they hold up and if its a success, I commit myself to make and to give some as a gifts for my kids friends and classmates...oh! and also will sell some at my etsy shop...!




I feel better already...

No comments: