Monday, March 28, 2011

My first Vintage sewing machine! and remnant banner...

Well...I guess it didn't take that long...I just can't resist them...Vintage sewing machines are definitly my new thing...amongst all my other new 'things' ...like this little scrap banner my 5 year old and I made over the weekend! I have been wanting to do A- something with all the scrap, remnant fabric and B- find a fun sewing project that my daughters could do mostly all by themselves. Something I have pleasure doing as well !. What's great about this project is that there are many simple levels involved and each is pleasurable on their own right. First pick and choose scrap in the colours you want your banner to be in, then cut all in fairly same lenght peices but can be all sorts of shapes. Then glue all peices on a rubban cut the lenght that you want your banner to be, let dry for a few hours (time for snacks!)..Then get ready, sew a straight line all the way down the middle....and voila...done! ...Apparantly, Gabydou will make one for all of her friends...


Here is my first Vintage SM, she's a 'WHITE' model 2137 and although I can't find the exact year she was made in, I suspect in the 60. It was made in Japan like all machines post World War II, and with all metal gears...a perfect stitch!...I love it already...

No comments: