Monday, January 17, 2011

Une fête style Marie-Antoinette…



Il me semble que je suis souvent dans les fêtes!! La dernière fois étais celle de David (mon tchum) et maintenant ma fille aînée…je dois laisser moins de temps passer entre mes visites de blog! Bon…

J’ai eu un plaisir fou a organiser cette fête!...et surtout a manger les gâteaux!!





I am not sure my daughters and the 12 little ‘dauphines’ princesses that were invited liked the theme of Marie-Antoinette as much as I did…but I think they had a lot of fun with the idea as well! Especially the wig, the punch…and the cakes too!!


-To prepare for party I decorated with roses, shiny fabrics, sparkly beads, everything that I could find in soft pastel colors were left around the house, (unlit) candles on tables, I borrowed a fancy punch bowl and I bought a bright pink wig that was about 3 feet tall....(everyone who wanted got to wear it and take a picture)


Activities included, decorating your mask, reading the book marie-antoinette et moi, walking with books on head to become part of marie-antoinette circle, eating cakes and drinking girly punch!


What I would have liked but had no time...find an era dress for myself and an outfit for David, find the right music for background, decorate a 'fancy' fan as well as a mask and do make-up for all girls (whitish powder and pink lips and cheeks!!)...next birthday...

No comments: